Mouse buttons remapping

4369   5   1
127 posts
Hello,
I was wondering if it was possible to remap the order of the transformations on the three mouse buttons?

Thank you,
Fabian
12510 posts
I'm afraid not, there no support for remapping of mouse buttons anywhere in Houdini, although it would be cool.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
127 posts
Looks like I have to undo 6 years of softimage habits then. At least xsi allows me to change it so its the same in both then.

Thank you for your help,
Fabian
12510 posts
Yeah, I hear you. Well, I suppose the only good news is that muscle-memory is not very faithful and I guarantee you that in 2 weeks time you're not going to worry about it anymore. Also, it really helps to get used to a package in it's virgin state because it helps you just sit down at someone elses workstation and not stumble about because they don't have your remapped keys.

However, we still all wish that we could change the mouse button “hotkey” bindings still - even for other deep scripting purposes, not just remapping.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
127 posts
well it took xsi a long time to allow remapping the buttons and it was simply to appease maya folks, and it only allows to switch between xsi and maya settings, which fortunately are the same hnd.

I always wonder why software architects dont think about such mundane and basic things people would like to change early in the design of an application.

As for xsi shortcut preferences with non-us keyboards, the pain.

~Rant()

Fabian
スタッフ
1072 posts
Fabian
I always wonder why software architects dont think about such mundane and basic things people would like to change early in the design of an application.

In this case, of course, “early” in the design of Houdini was long long ago.
  • Quick Links