Wiring up Mantra ROP's Extra Image Planes to HDA?

5799   8   1
24 posts
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to stup up Mantra's Extra Image Planes and related fields so that they wire up to an encapsulating HDA's field of the same type?

I currently have an HDA that contains the mantra ROP and I would like to be able to control the Extra Image Planes from the HDA without having to touch the Mantra ROP directly.

Thanks
スタッフ
2540 posts
This growing/shrinking ui widget is called a “multi-parm” which is now supported in H9 HDA's.

Just dnd the top level parm (the one with the + - grow buttons) to your HDA Edit Optype Properties window and press apply. Your top level asset will now be able to manage this seamlessly.
There's at least one school like the old school!
24 posts
Thanks for the reply Jeff.

I've done this. However when I modify the values up at the HDA level, it does not seem to be reflected in the Mantra ROP that I pulled it from. When I click + it adds to both the HDA and the Mantra ROP. However, when I change something like the Enable or the VEX variable - it only changes on the HDA and not the ROP.

Did I miss something?

Thanks.
スタッフ
4441 posts
Are you using version 9.0.753 or later? There was a bug in versions prior to this one that caused problems similar to the one you describe…

Mark
24 posts
Hey Mark,

Nope! I'm still on 9.0.745. I guess it's time to update.

Thanks!
24 posts
So I updated to 9.0.757 (or somewhere thereabouts - later than 9.0.753 for sure).

When I link up the Extra Image Planes from within the Mantra node to my HDA - I get a bunch of warnings saying it's skipping parameters that do not exist in the Mantra node, e.g.: vm_disable_plane1, vm_picture_plane1, etc.

However these parameters do exist.

I did some searching and it seems like Jason Iverson had posted something asking about warnings that were similar to these and if it should be of any concern…

..so I was wondering something similar, can these warnings be safely ignored?

Also, it appears that once you do link up the parameters from the Mantra ROP to your HDA , there's no way to undo it. It seemed that “Disable Image Plane” was permanently set to always connect to it's cousin in the HDA - and “Delete Channel” seem to have no effect. I couldn't find a way to get a the Mantra parameter for it to get rid of the reference to the HDA.
24 posts
So it looks like if I save the HDA after having created an Image Plane it issues the warnings. If I don't create any Image Planes before saving the HDA it seems to work fine.

It seems like the referencing from the Mantra node up to the HDA's multipparm is done in hscript. Not that I'm going to change it - but if I ever wanted to change something like this, how would I go about it?
スタッフ
4441 posts
Yes, I believe these warnings can be safely ignored, as long as you turn on your Preferences->Miscellaneous option to Make Spare Parameters for Unknown Channels. If you turn off this option then those links will get lost.

I don't understand your second question. Do you mean you'd like the referencing expressions to use python expressions instead of hscript (old expression language) expressions? If so, there is no way to do this right now.

Mark
24 posts
Hi Mark,

Sorry, I was still recovering from not sleeping when I posted that. But you guessed right. That's exactly what I was asking.

Thanks,
- Hai
  • Quick Links