Custom parameter : Button ?

13833   6   2
41 posts
Hello,

I'm creating a simple custom tool and I have a problem, I would like to link a custom parameter of a null node to the option “clear cache” from a cache node in my nodetree.
I tried to create a simple button and after that copy/past this button on the “clear cache” button on the node but … that doesn't work

Any idea ?

Thanks !
My portfolio : www.guillaume-j.com
2624 posts
If this is for an otl there is no reason why creating a button parameter will not hook up correctly. I would suggest posting up a simple scene showing the problem you are encountering.

Rob
Gone fishing
41 posts
hello Rob, and thank you !

I haven't my scene here, but I made a little exemple.

In my Lsystem network, i have a Cache1 node, and I'd like to link the “Clear cache” button of the cache1 node to the “Clear cache” button on my “CONTROLS” null node.

With “paste copied relative reference”, that doesn't work

I saw, in the documentation that I have to use a callback script ? But how to find the script behind this “Clear cache” function ?

Attachments:
test.hipnc (86.7 KB)

16 posts
I've been through similar problem (direct copy/paste referencing with button)
Usually I solve this using Edit Parameter Interface and drag the source button in the channel menu or I type the path to it.
I tried with your file and it works.
hope to help

bonne chance

ben

Attachments:
DragParam.JPG (100.1 KB)

41 posts
That works !!

Merci
54 posts
I came accross this recently also, the alternative method is to use a callback script:

opparm -c lsystem_object1/cache1 clear

'clear' is the command for the button, and you can get this info by hovering your mouse over the ‘clear cache’ button.

Attachments:
callback.jpg (157.8 KB)

41 posts
Thanks Ponge, it's good to know
  • Quick Links