chop : how to re-order channel inside .chan file ?

2389   2   0
58 posts
hi, i got problem : i'm using chop, use ‘geometry’ to capture data then save it into .bclip and .chan. They're just the same only different format. okay , now i'm trying to import them back in using “file” node. i use 2 ‘file’ nodes, one is for importing the .bclip and another for .chan file. Coz the .bclip have some metadata internally, it can remember the channel name, like tx/ty etc. But the .chan is ascii with no such information. So when import the .chan i can't get my original channel name back. it will use chan0,chan1…etc.

so for the .chan file , i have to set new names for the channel, the problem is i tried couple of combination for the new name but never get them in correct order ? it should be : tx0,tx1,tx2,…,tx7,ty0..ty7,tz0..tz7.

thanx
731 posts
clay
so for the .chan file , i have to set new names for the channel, the problem is i tried couple of combination for the new name but never get them in correct order ? it should be : tx0,tx1,tx2,…,tx7,ty0..ty7,tz0..tz7.
So your channel names are now chan0-20?

If so, try this: append a delete and delete all but 0-7. (chan). Now rename:

chan*
to:
tx

Repeat for ty and tz, and merge.

Sean
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
58 posts
mrCatfish
So your channel names are now chan0-20?

If so, try this: append a delete and delete all but 0-7. (chan). Now rename:

chan*
to:
tx

Repeat for ty and tz, and merge.

Sean

Hi, i have nothing to say but COOL!!!!….. you cure my headache. LOL. Thanx a lot. I've just realized that Houdini got all the tools to make my life easier.

Thanx Sean !
  • Quick Links