Creep POP and polygons

5509   3   3
13 posts
Hello,
I want to generate and glue particles on the surface of a transforming geometry which i'm importing.
Creep POP seems to work only in a “mesh” surface,Convert SOP doesn't work on my geometry(tried a Sort SOP) and with a Ray SOP i end up with very small and very large primitives so when a particle slides it has diferend speeds in every face.
Is there a way to have particles on a polygonal surface to look up the UV from UV texture coordinates and not the parametric UV of each primitive?

Thank you for your time
860 posts
Does this work for you? I'm a bit surprised myself that it works on non-triangles, but maybe it's good for you too.

Or would it be possible to create a proxy geometry with an isooffset if it doesnt have to be too precise.

Attachments:
sticky.hipnc (58.3 KB)

--
Jobless
166 posts
Take a look at the second file in this thread. That might help out, however that approach does affect the simulation time quite a bit I've noticed.

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/8021-sliding-particles-from-birth/ [forums.odforce.net]
13 posts
Thank you for your replies mush appreciated
The thing is that i want to be able to create particles (and stuck'em) to the surface where ever i want, have them driven manually,affected by forces ,stop and detach like the attached file but in polygonal surfaces.The Creep POP works brilliant in meshes,
how can i have the same behaviour in polygons?and use the Texture UV instead of the parametric UV of the primitives ?

Attachments:
Houdini_Tests.rar (80.0 KB)

• Quick Links