Rendering problem - a memory issue or a bug?

6279   7   1
130 posts
Hi,

I am consistently receiving an error message after rendering a couple hundred of HD-size frames - see attached screenshoot.

I checked the file (IFD.py & IFD.pyc), I can access it easily, so not an access rights problem. I need to restart Houdini to continue rendering, re-rendering without restarting generates instantly the same error message.

I'm not sure whether this might be a memory issue (I have 4Gigs only, Win7 x64)? This has been persistent across at least 20 recent builds, not sure about earlier ones.

Thanks for all suggestions,
Greg

Attachments:
rendering_error.png (2.0 KB)

861 posts
I've got this problem too occasionally. I don't know what causes it.
--
Jobless
95 posts
HI, I am also having the same problem. Ive tried to figure out what causes it but no luck. All i can say is i seem to only have gotten it with particles in the scene. But that might or might not be the cause, or a contributing factor. I cant say for sure.

Ill try rendering scenes out without particles to see if i can still get the error or not.
130 posts
Hi Dageris,

It's been in particle scenes, too, in my case.

Greg.
95 posts
Hi aiworks,

Thats good to know, that both of us seem to be having it pop up when we are in particle scenes. Wish i knew why that is, and the reason for it happening. Its starting to get a little annoying, rendering something out and having to start over, hoping it wont happen.

EDIT: looks like i just had it happen again, I cant seem to render over 500 frames without it happening. This is a particle scene with 1000 frames
861 posts
I get it without particles, but I often have copy-stamped objects. I don't know if they are instanced during render time, but maybe that is a commonality.
--
Jobless
95 posts
Just wanted to add i had it happen to me with just a sphere in the scene, animated using the ocean toolkit. I got the error at frame 20
861 posts
Well here's another error I get. This time I had no particles nor copy stamped objects at all, just a simple volume fluid.

I dare say I get similar rendering errors on almost every animation I render.

Attachments:
error.jpg (44.6 KB)

--
Jobless
  • Quick Links