sun rays in volume light

21523   5   1
13 posts
Hi everyone

I am trying to create sun rays using volume light, i played with all attributes of volume light but didn't got the results which i wanted.

The process i went through is given below

1. Added a “spot light” and an “atmosphere” object into the scene.
2. Dropped a “VEX Lit Fog” in the shop network.
3. Got back to the scene and selected the “atmosphere” object, under the material tab selected the “VEX Lit Fog” shader.

Plz tell me were i went wrong & wht was the right process.

Any help from u guys will really appreciated,

regards
ranjeet
349 posts
Works ok for me. All I did differently is to change the density in the shader from 0.05 to 0.1, and in the atmosphere object, I deleted the “*” wildcard asterisk in the light mask, and specifically replaced it with “spotlight1”.

Attachments:
volumeLight.jpg (8.4 KB)

スタッフ
2593 posts
ranjeet.nikale
Hi everyone

I am trying to create sun rays using volume light, i played with all attributes of volume light but didn't got the results which i wanted.

Why don't you just use a uniform volume object?

With a very low density, you can increase the step size considerably and get quite efficient renders.

Please see attached.

To get faster renders, increase the step size on the volume object. To get higher quality, smaller step size.

Attachments:
uvolume.jpg (28.1 KB)
uvolume.hip (680.3 KB)

13 posts
hi everyone

i really appreciate for the efforts u guys took.

thanks a lot

regards

ranjeet
2 posts
mark
Please see attached.

Hello. I have a weird problem with this scene. When I render it using the viewport render command (on the selector/handle toolbar) it renders fine, but when I create a mantra node (with default settings) the resulting image is white with some noise. There're probably some parameters that need changing in the mantra node but I can't find which ones are responsible. I'll appreciate any hints on this.
2 posts
Got it, there was a point light right at the camera, its light scattered in the fog was causing the whiteout.
  • Quick Links