copy spheres to particles uniformly?

1744   1   0
678 posts
I am attaching a simple file where I have a particle network and I want to attach ‘n’ spheres to each particle. There are two problems I am trying to solve:

1. How can I arrange the spheres around the particle in such a way that they appear randomly distributed.

2. As the particles move along, I want the copied spheres also to move with a noise such that they appear to be another set of particles.

The purpose of this setup is to use less number of particles and copy spheres/points to increase the count of particles for rendering purposes.

thanks,

Attachments:
copyParticles.hip (46.4 KB)

242 posts
ravindra.dwivedi
I am attaching a simple file where I have a particle network and I want to attach ‘n’ spheres to each particle. There are two problems I am trying to solve:

1. How can I arrange the spheres around the particle in such a way that they appear randomly distributed.

2. As the particles move along, I want the copied spheres also to move with a noise such that they appear to be another set of particles.

The purpose of this setup is to use less number of particles and copy spheres/points to increase the count of particles for rendering purposes.

thanks,

I think you are better of simulating particles. Copy stamping x_spheres/points to each particle will be much more expensive.
There are a few plugins floating around for increasing particle count at rendertime.
Look for “cluster this”.
  • Quick Links