something about the "source from object" in houdin

3413   4   2
4 posts
In houdini 9 there has “source from object” in the shelf,but why in the houdini 11 has no “souce from object”,but has “souce from volume”,“souce from surface” and“souce from points”?
how can i find or use the function of “souce from object” in houdini 11?
thank you!
スタッフ
2540 posts
Houdini10's source from object tool added that object as a passive RBD object and then used it's collision volume as a source.

The same result can be achieved by using the “Source From Volume” tool in Houdini11. It uses a Source Apply DOP to build a volume from the object, same as Houdini10's source from object tool.
There's at least one school like the old school!
4 posts
thank Jeff very much
but there ia another question is that when i open the “apply_source” node, why the “motion1” node can't be modified? and how can the “delete_old_render_parms” node can be work?
thank you very much!
スタッフ
2540 posts
apply source Source Apply DOP is a locked digital asset. You can unlock it by RMB (Right Mouse Button) on the node icon and choose “Allow Editing of Contents” from the menu. Now you should be able to tweak away inside the Source Apply DOP.

Which node was the delete_old_render_parms node? It's been a while.
There's at least one school like the old school!
4 posts
That's wonderful!

this problem has been solved. Except RMB on the “apply source” node icon, i also move the “motion1” input operators on the “switch1” input operators in the “set_velocity” node.(you know RMB in china it's mean money, )

the “delete_old_render_parms” node is under the “set_velocyty” node in “apply_source” node.
  • Quick Links