ignition tempertature explosion preset

1844   1   1
55 posts
I am using an explosion preset to learn pyro.From what i know
ignition temperature sets a threshold for fuel to start burning
the fuel will not burn if the ignition temperature is higher than the temperature
my questions
1) how can i find temperature? fluid source -1 and source volume-1 and volume operation=add.does that mean that temperature is 2?
2) now if i set the value of ignition temperature beyond 1 or 2 still i see the heat? but i dont see the burn moving with the sim.In h11 i used to see the burn field moving with the sim.With almost the same setting i did in H11?

Please forgive me if my doubt is so silly.Thanks
スタッフ
2540 posts
helloworld
1) how can i find temperature? fluid source -1 and source volume-1 and volume operation=add.does that mean that temperature is 2?
Turn on the visualization temperature on the Smoke Object DOP.
This will turn on the display of the temperature field.
To adjust the visualization options, go to the Temperature tab.
To find what values you have for temperature, adjust the max range parameter upward with the XCF MMB ladder handle until you barely see any bright red left. The final value you end up with should be approximately the maximum value of temperature in the sim at that frame. The colors are linearly mapped. You can also set the max value to your ignition temperature and everything that is clamped at full red is at or above the ignition temperature.

2) now if i set the value of ignition temperature beyond 1 or 2 still i see the heat? but i dont see the burn moving with the sim.In h11 i used to see the burn field moving with the sim.With almost the same setting i did

You could be hitting a display bug so to be sure, in the display options set the volume display to medium then try both H11 and gl3.2.

Combustion Rate is the key parameter along with a lot of fuel. Try a high value 0.95 to 0.98 first.
Again lots of fuel. If this a shelf tool setup, this could be animated.

I can not stress strongly enough that you need to turn on and off the display of the various fields in the Smoke Object DOP. Turn on fuel and heat or burn and turn off all other options to see if you have combustion.

I always like to turn on velocity and adjust the slice visualization plane along with the other fields as you can read a lot of what is going on.

Each of the key shaping tools on the Pyro Solver DOP have their own visualization toggles as well.

Hopefully you will use the visualization options to help you craft your pyro sim. I can't imagine how one can create a fluid sim quickly without turning on and off the various visualization toggles to see what is going on.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links