frustrating motion blur

2668   3   1
2 posts
Hi

So I've got this particle network set up, basically there are two streams of particles, one is the main stream, one is the stream from the split now to emit particles after a collision event. I've collected them together and placed a render node for rendering ( details look at my network in the pic below)

however no matter what I do, the particles emitted from the split node doesn't get motion blur no matter what I do. There is this obvious balls near the floor that's clearly not getting any blurs which they should, as they keep translating through the collision event. I believe I've got those motion blur settings correct since I am already seeing motion blur in the scene. I'm pretty new to houdini and am running out of ideas.

I'm using Houdini 11 by the way.

Attachments:
motion blur 1.png (490.4 KB)

スタッフ
2540 posts
Did you enable Velocity Motion Blur on your object?

You absolutely need to do that to pass in the v velocity attribute to Mantra in order to get velocity geometry based motion blur to work.
There's at least one school like the old school!
2 posts
yup, the whole emitter object has geometry velocity blur turned on, which works fine as one stream of particles are getting motion blurred. what I can't understand is why the second emitted stream just refuses to be blurred. they are definitely in motion and since they are being collected, they should really be just one particle system…
127 posts
Have you had a look in the details view to see if the velocity gets computed properly on the split particles?

Otherwise it's always helpful if you post a hip file.

-Fabian
  • Quick Links