BUGS reports(GL 3.2) and FEAUTURES requests

4838   8   0
102 posts
1)
on example you can see that sesecled edges just not appearing on viewport as they should(yellowish edges).
[clip2net.com]
2)
with wireframe mode you can see that selected edges are now became yellowish BUT they are some kind of overlapped the green “aura-like” selection, and when navigating - those two types of selection just start dancing and flick trying to overlap each other(not exacly right, but something like that).
[clip2net.com]
it becames even worse if you decrease line width to something smaller than 1px.
[clip2net.com]
just compare it with H11 vewport.
its ALOT better.
[clip2net.com]
3)
that is my personal point of view.
i think that selected faces should be displayed as filled up with some color segments.
for now selected faces displayed just like bunch of yellow border-edges.
[clip2net.com]
IMHO they are not so visibly noticeable.
if they were filled with some color - it would be much better.
4)
it would be nice to have mode when edges or faces would be selected only inside of selection area.
for now they are only mode - seleect everything what touches selection area.

i really like vewport's GL3.2 performance - its awesome.
that why im using it.
H11 vewport is much slower, but it has much better visual feedback.
please fix this issues - they are REALLY annoying.
102 posts
and also wireframe itself in GL3.2 looks chunky/aliased compared to GL2.1 for example.
スタッフ
5161 posts
Issues #1 and #2 appear to have been regressions due to other bug fixes. I've fixed this up for 12.1.82 (tomorrow's cut).

For #3, there is a display option for this, “Fill Selections”, in the Effects tab of the Display Options dialog.

For #4, you can hold down Ctrl to enter remove mode, and start removing edges from the current selection.

If you have a relatively modern graphics card, I would recommend using 4x or 8x AA at all times. In any mid-to-high end card made in the past 3 years, these modes are practically free. The only reason it isn't the default is because I have yet to implement an auto-configure feature for the viewport, and there are some really low-end video cards out there.
102 posts
twod
Issues #1 and #2 appear to have been regressions due to other bug fixes. I've fixed this up for 12.1.82 (tomorrow's cut).

For #3, there is a display option for this, “Fill Selections”, in the Effects tab of the Display Options dialog.

For #4, you can hold down Ctrl to enter remove mode, and start removing edges from the current selection.

If you have a relatively modern graphics card, I would recommend using 4x or 8x AA at all times. In any mid-to-high end card made in the past 3 years, these modes are practically free. The only reason it isn't the default is because I have yet to implement an auto-configure feature for the viewport, and there are some really low-end video cards out there.
thanks for reply.
btw how can i adjust the default object's material?
i want it to be less specular and darker.
thanks
スタッフ
5161 posts
You can disable specular lighting by RMB clicking on the Lighting icon strip on the RHS toolbar.

There doesn't seem to be a way to set the default material properties, though you can add a SHOP, adjust the diffuse/specular colors and make that path the default parameter for any objects (RMB > Make Parameter Default over the Material parameter on an object).
49 posts
The smooth AA lines don't look so hot when gamma correction of the viewport is 2.2 with the gl 2.1 driver in wireframe mode with a light background - this being looked at?
711 posts
Seconding pinwerks, but it applies to GL3 as well. I work with AA set to 8x or 16x (nice to have this option btw!), but when the viewport is gamma-corrected to 2.2 I get white outlines around geometry.
スタッフ
5161 posts
The smooth wireframe ickiness has been fixed for tomorrow's 12.1.85 build. As an aside, this is what happens when gamma is applied to RGB, but not A.
711 posts
Hi there twod,
The AA behavior is better in the new build, I no longer get the white outlines (huzza). But, I think something is still a bit broken. The further you get away from a gamma value of 1, the less influence the anti-aliasing has. A pic to illustrate, all shots are at 16x:

Also, anti-aliasing doesn't seem to work at all in High-Quality mode. I don't know how much of this is dependent on the graphics card/driver. This is on a GeForce with recent drivers btw.

Cheers.
  • Quick Links