Flip

3080   5   0
39 posts
Hello. I have some trouble with flip. I have deforming geometry for collision and I want that particles which closest to surface should going to stick to it.
I've used pop solver for solving that task. I got closest point on surface and calculated velocity for that point. Then I used vop pop in the pop solver. I compared distance from particle and closest point. If condition is true , particle got velocity from it point (it's work fine) but other particle are still. May be anyone know why does it happen ?

Attachments:
flip_stick_tst.hipnc (1.0 MB)

20 posts
You loose your v attribute in vop pop. You have output from your IF subnetwork connected to particle velocity output. But IF subnet cooks only if it meets condition, and all other particles get 0.

Attachments:
3ak_flip_stick_tst_174-1.hipnc (1.1 MB)

39 posts
Thank you very much bloomendale. You've really helped me.
39 posts
Hello guys. I have a question. I want to do drooling from the mouth. I've created a little setup for it. I have particles which stick to collision object and slide on it. It works fine with static collision object. But when I have dynamic collision object my particles stay away from it and drop down. Is there any way for solve this problem ? I want my particles to move with collision object.

Here is example of right behaviour https://vimeo.com/63826354 [vimeo.com]
40 posts
up the min substeps on the flip solver from 1 to 2 or maybe 3, max would need to be 3

up the cfl condition to 3-4. Make sure on the flip solver under Collision, that it is set to Velocity Type “Point”
39 posts
Thanks. I should try it.
  • Quick Links