Viewport blocking problem.

3960   6   0
21 posts
Hey guys,
Sometimes(at least couple of times per day) my viewport is blocked. I mean all panels are working except viewport. After trying different key combinations it freezes definitely. Only close/minimize buttons remains working.

OS - Win 8.1
Graphics - nVidia quadro k2000(340.66)
4189 posts
What does the blocking look-like? i.e. everything frozen in the viewport

Which Houdini version?

What type of things are you doing?
21 posts
It's Houdini apprentice latest build. 13.0.509
I can't move persp and can't select anything but panels remains active. I can edit/create nodes.
This occurs mainly when I'm trying create/edit curves.
One more thing. Sometimes whole interfaces of houdini converts to viewport navigation area. I mean even if my mouse is outside of viewport I can tumble, dolly and track camera so this way all panels are inactive.
4189 posts
It sounds an issue that others have also run into:
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=34179 [sidefx.com]

Until a solution is found try the New Scene tab. That will create a new viewport.
477 posts
Cyberika
One more thing. Sometimes whole interfaces of houdini converts to viewport navigation area. I mean even if my mouse is outside of viewport I can tumble, dolly and track camera so this way all panels are inactive.
I too have noticed this particular problem. The cursor changes into a hand, like in View mode, and stays like this even when I hoover over different pane tab types. I can't select anything, click on buttons, etc.
Most of the time minimizing Houdini window, changing focus, repeatedly tapping ALT and ESC escape keys in no particular order - helps. Sometimes though, I need to restart Houdini.

There are also times when the cursor permanently changes into arrows that you see when resizing windows. This fortunately doesn't prevent me from using UI components.

I'm on Houdini Apprentice 13.0.498 and Win7 Pro 64-bit.
21 posts
MartybNz
It sounds an issue that others have also run into:
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=34179 [sidefx.com]

Until a solution is found try the New Scene tab. That will create a new viewport.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

ajz3d
Hope this will be fixed soon.
21 posts
ajz3d
Most of the time minimizing Houdini window, changing focus, repeatedly tapping ALT and ESC escape keys in no particular order - helps. Sometimes though, I need to restart Houdini.

This helped me! Thanks!!!
  • Quick Links