Make Transform individually per object

1846   6   1
39 posts
Hello,

How do I make use of the Make Transform node so that I can rotate the cubes around their own axis rather then currently just around the middle one? I know I can use the CopySop and instance the points, but this is a striped down scene which requires that I try to achieve the individual rotations in Vop's. Does anyone have any ideas or better solutions they are willing to share?

Thanks

Attachments:
maketransfrom_individually_01.hip (84.4 KB)
makexform.png (217.3 KB)

53 posts
Hey so I had a quick play with your scene, noticed the Make Transform node had an option to use a pivot and brought in your middle attribute using a Bind VOP, hooked it up and it seems to spin along the individual axis now

Attachments:
maketransfrom_individually_02.hipnc (91.5 KB)

www.carlocarfora.co.uk [www.carlocarfora.co.uk]
39 posts
Doh! :shock:

Thanks Carlo.
39 posts
I've notice the pivot works as expected when the points are flat, but if you rotate the grid and then try to do the same rotation, the axis is off.

Does anyone know how to perform the rotation but around the normals or another way to do this?

Attachments:
Rot_N.png (336.7 KB)
maketransfrom_individually_03.hipnc (89.2 KB)

53 posts
Not quite sure what you mean but if you untick “Transform using template point attributes” does that rotate how you would like it to?

edit: that checkbox is in the Copy SOP
53 posts
Here's an example where I've built up a local co-ordinate system and assigned to the orient value which the copy SOP uses if it's available. Hope it makes sense!

Attachments:
make_transform.hipnc (129.0 KB)

39 posts
carlo_c
Here's an example where I've built up a local co-ordinate system and assigned to the orient value which the copy SOP uses if it's available. Hope it makes sense!

Thanks for this Carlo, I think this is more of the thing I need to get my set up working. I'm going to go through it and learn from it. Thanks again!
  • Quick Links