Problem with using FBX camera to render pyro

2045   4   0
11 posts
I am trying to using a FBX camera from nuke 3D tracking to render my explosion. But when I use this camera to render, the fire's color looks strange and has some strange black lines. It doesn't have problem when I using Houdini's camera. Anyone has idea what should I do? Thank you!

The camera setting is same, angle is same. Anything is same….. The only different is that one camera is FBX camera comes from Nuke, the other one is Houdini's camera

Attached pictures are the renders:

First one is from FBX Camera, second one is using houdini camera

I am using Houdini 15.0

Attachments:
Test14.jpg (106.3 KB)
Test16.jpg (107.0 KB)

182 posts
Could it be that the camera is scaled for some reason ? Scaled cameras and volumes dont go well together.
11 posts
Thank you blackpixel! The color issue has been solved. I modify the scale of FBX camera. It works now!

But I still have the black line issue. I have no idea why. I have tried different shaders.
1 posts
The issue may result from the unit difference of FBX camera, I encoutered over exposure problem before using FBX camera because I didn't convert the unit of the imported Camara from foot to meter. I was so confused why it has the exact same parameter of the Houdini Camera but way too over exposed until I scaled it correct. It seems the scale of the camera would affect its light ray intake for some reason.

The black line issue I have no idea, but I suggest you try Alembic format for the camera, we use it all the time and have no problem with it.
11 posts
Thank you so much Wayne0615. Yes I modified the scale of camera, now it works perfectly. I still got the line issue. I think it is because of volume light.

The first one doesn't have volume light, the second one has. But I don't know how to solve that problem..

Attachments:
1.jpg (123.1 KB)
2.jpg (128.4 KB)

• Quick Links