Houdini 15.5 and onCreated.py

2119   1   1
52 posts
Hi everyone,

since I don't find anything about a change I guess there was none but I prefer asking.

I have some code changing node color in a onCreated.py of our houdini15.5/scripts directory but it seems like it's not being used at all though our 456.py is being used (so the scripts folder is definitely set properly when Houdini starts up).

We just started to switch from Houdini 14 so I didn't check if it was fine with Houdini 15. I was wondering if something changed about those events script ?

Thanks
Chris
52 posts
Hi,

sorry to bump this,

I actually tried on Windows and had not problem with the onCreated.py as I was expecting.

I really wonder why on Linux the scripts/onCreated.py containing a simple “print” function would not be picked up when if I renamed the file 456.py it is picked up.

Little edit : I forgot to mention that I can find the script with hou.findFile('scripts/onCreated.py') which makes it even crazier to me that it's not being interpreted.

Any elements of debugging such as a way to list all directories or scripts loaded by Houdini might help. This problem looks crazy to me, might be in front of my eyes but I don't see it yet.

Cheers
Chris
Edited by chistof - 2016年10月16日 22:13:03
  • Quick Links