HELP ON PROJECT for semi-noob

1610   3   1
152 posts
Dear Forumers,

I have a small shot I would like to do and would like some help and advice (bear in mind I love Houdini and have been fiddling for a few years but really struggle with it). In my scene file is a “skyscraper” made from my logo. I would like to put it into a moon landscape environment (creating this shouldn't be a problem) but I would like simply to give the faces a tiny amount of depth (and make glass) and make the edges like metal or something so it looks kind of like a skyscraper. . My current question is how to make the faces have a small thickness (for the glass) and the edges like the metal bars that hold the panes of glass in. I guess I should duplicate the current geo node so one can be the glass and one the metal.

Any help and advice appreciated.

PEACE.

5D.

PS: I have attached the scene file currently
PPS: I am not intending this to be a PHOTO-REALISTIC skyscraper just an arty piece
Edited by 5DN - 2018年3月28日 12:26:04

Attachments:
5Dmoonscraper001.hip (1.3 MB)

スタッフ
3455 posts
try something like this

Attachments:
5Dmoonscraper002.hip (1.4 MB)

Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
152 posts
goldfarb
try something like this
looks perfect. I'm going to go through it and try to understand. if i cannot fathom it can I ask you to explain pls?

also may i say congratulations to your company for making such an awesome piece of software. it makes me wish I was smarter lol
Edited by 5DN - 2018年3月28日 13:47:38
スタッフ
3455 posts
glad to help

yes, ask any questions you like.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links