how to change the wireframe color?

5917   4   0
122 posts
in houdini , is it possible to change the default wireframe color? also when there's no light obj, how to change the default setting of the lighting/shading.

if i load the render SOP then draw rectagle area, at first it just do nothing, so i have to thumble the view a bit (to force refreshing) so then the render process will actually start. is it an open gl issue?

thanx
4262 posts
You can change the wireframe color by modifing the 3DSceneColors file in your Houdini_Install/houdini/config directory. There are two files, a .wb and .bw. (Black on White, White on Black depending on which mode you use.)

AFAIK you can't change the locations of the builtin lights.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
509 posts
Doesnt “misc” TAB from the OBJ properties.. do what you're looking for?..
this is how I do color my wireframe here..

cheers
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
311 posts
metaclay
if i load the render SOP then draw rectagle area, at first it just do nothing, so i have to thumble the view a bit (to force refreshing) so then the render process will actually start. is it an open gl issue?

It does sound like a GL issue. with no light in the scene i think Houdini uses headlight shading. It should just happen instantly. If it isn't look to your graphics card settings to tweak those or try update the drivers to newer versions.
スタッフ
1072 posts
metaclay

You can use the Performance Monitor (under Windows menu) to determine if the view is being redrawn. Under the Monitor menu, turn off everything other than Object Draw Time, and then turn on Enable Output at the bottom. This will enable you to see if the view is redrawing, and if not (my guess), it's a bug in the render state, not an open gl issue.
  • Quick Links