background image

4700   4   0
2624 posts
Hi all,
I get the setting up of the image source for the background , but how do I make it local to each view port ?ie put a differnt image in each viewport. because currently when I hit D its the options are for world only and I get the same image in each and every viewport in fact I might only want the image in one viewport .
R
Gone fishing
4140 posts
Call up the display options('d' over the viewport) and when you're setting the BG images be sure you've unselected the toggle at the bottom called “Apply Operation to all Split Views”.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
2624 posts
I tried that ….. it didnt make a difference

R
Gone fishing
1908 posts
The “Apply Operation to all Split Views” does in fact work. If you have it toggled on when you apply an image it will apply it to all viewports and if you toggle it off while an image is displayed you will have to open up the display window mousing over each different view and either assign a new one or toggle off the Display Background Image. If you toggle Apply to all views off before you attempt to apply a background image it should only apply it to the view you had moused over.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
2624 posts
Cheers for that graham …. certainly clears up the confusion wonder why its not in the manual !!

R
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links