**SOLVED** LUT issue? Render view different from Composite view?

1538   2   0
12 posts
So in learning about COP2 networks, I've stumbled on a funny issue in Houdini 18.0.287 (Linux) which I can reproduce both at work and at home.

(image attached)

Problem: Render node (COP2) in the Composite View colour is dramatically different from the Render View, with the same render node referenced.

The steps to recreate are simple.
Create default : grid, sphere, Sky Light, Camera, Mantra node.
Click render in Render view. Sphere is casting a bluish shadow.
Got to COP2 network, create “Render” node to reference our default mantra node. Once it renders– note the image is red in colour, and the blue hue is completely gone.

I can't find anything related in the display options, am I missing something obvious?

cheers,
Jordan
Edited by jorxster - 2020年2月6日 23:01:26

Attachments:
Screenshot_20200128_221114.png (1.3 MB)

7771 posts
That's not an issue with the viewer. Your sky is Missing Texture Pink™. You might have stumblend on one of COPs limitations, which is that it is not reentrant, which means COPs can't indirectly depend on other COPs. Not to worry though, because no one uses the render COP. Render the scene to disk first, and you should be good to go.
12 posts
Hey jsmack, thanks for the fast reply. Judging the trademark, I'm sure this question gets asked alot!

This is especially interesting to me as a pipeline TD– how would you go about troubleshooting or narrowing such an issue down, or is it pretty much manual, was this discovered by manually disabling the sky texture?

cheers,
Jordan
  • Quick Links