Husk command line multiple frame error

2803   4   0
6 posts
Hello when i render with husk on the command line I get an error saying

OpenEXR display driver: Cannot open image file "☻". Invalid argument.

Below is the command i am running
husk.exe --output c:/t/usd.$F4.exr --verbose a9 --frame 1 --frame-count 2 --renderer HdPrmanLoaderRendererPlugin --usd-input Z:\Shot_011_Crowd.usda

If i run the same command but without the --frame and --frame-count parameters then a single exr image is rendered without any errors.

What am i doing wrong?
スタッフ
2593 posts
My guess is that the shell is expanding the $F4? There are a couple of alternative representations. From the help:
  -o [ --output ] arg                Output image.  Variables are expanded in 
the string can be represented in various
ways:
- $F, $FF $F4: Current frame number
- $N: The N'th frame in the sequence
- <F>, <FF>, <F4>: Frame (<UDIM> style)
- %d, %g, %04d: Frame (printf style)
6 posts
I tried all the other representations. I still get the same error

My USD files have rendersettings information and path for the output already inside.
So when i run from the commandline the override settings of output path and others are ignored and the settings inside the files are used. So the overrides don't work. How can i get the overrides to work?

C:\Users\Admin>husk.exe --verbose a9 --frame 1 --frame-count 2 --renderer HdPrmanLoaderRendererPlugin --usd-input W:\004_LookDev\Usd_Render_Test\b.usda
husk.exe version 18.5.351
Command Line: husk.exe --verbose a9 --frame 1 --frame-count 2 --renderer HdPrmanLoaderRendererPlugin --usd-input 'W:\004_LookDev\Usd_Render_Test\b.usda'
Architecture - AMD64: mmx xmmx sse sse2 cmov fpcmov ht sse3 ssse3 sse4.1 sse4.2 avx avx2
Loading: W:\004_LookDev\Usd_Render_Test\b.usda
Defaulting to use settings found at /Render/rendersettings
Edited by swamiforlife - 2021年5月21日 04:36:33
34 posts
Not sure if this is the same issue that i was experiencing, but i was getting something like this a while back, where it would either not write out an image or it would overwrite the same image.

Turned out that i had a Render Product node with no Product Name set.
Once i had an output path there set there, it worked out, the only extra thing i added to said file path was this: `padzero(4,$F)` so houdini would set the paths up correctly with zero padding.

Since you have a Usda file already, you should beable to lookup the render Product in there , there should be a line "token productName.timeSamples", this should have a path for each file. if not, then i think you will need to specify it on the commandline.

Hope this helps.
Kym
6 posts
Hello Kym,

I able to write out an image when i render a single frame. When i specify a frame range i get the above error.

In my usda file the Product Name is set. and there is a path for each file under the "token productName.timeSamples" section.

The problem is that when i execute a commandline with a output path override it does not accept it and uses the default render settings in the USD file.

I think if my commandline override works then i wouldn't get this error.
  • Quick Links