find geo in node graph

788   2   0
17 posts
Is there any way to find geo in a large modelling network before its merged with everything else? An example - if I'm modelling a large complex building and I want to now edit a specific wall, I'd normally want to edit it before it merges with the rest of the building (to keep things organized and procedural). Is there a way to find this place in a complex network? When modelling in houdini, I find myself constantly searching through a node graph to find the node where I want to begin my modelling changes.

Hopefully that makes sense.
8633 posts
In procedural modeling keep your graph organized as you go, name your nodes, snap to grid use network boxes, stickies, subnets, ...

If you are just modeling in the viewport with a lot of selections and operations chances are that such network is no use for procedural changes due to explicit nature of such selections
You can still organize it as you go though
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
17 posts
Thanks Tomas. Sounds like I'll just have to be more organized. Quickmarks really help too. It would be nice too if there was a nice way to hotkey which nodes we're viewing from (a la nuke).
Edited by alnh - 2022年8月19日 17:52:09
  • Quick Links