Houdini City PCG In Unreal (purely hand-writing code myself)

3897   6   2
6 posts

Hi, everyone, I'm Adrian, and I'm gonna to show you what I've just done.

This demo is NOT relevant to what I'm working on in the company, and completed over the WEEKEND.

For Houdini-Unreal Pipeline Toolset, it has 17000+ lines of addition and modification on the official Houdini-Engine-For-Unreal, 130+ extra features, 90+ bug fixes, and 20x - 2x faster data i/o performance.

For road and building tools, all of the Impl and code were written by myself, NOT From the official matrix-awakens demo, and also NOT From sidefx-labs, achieving up to 50x faster generating speed compared to official implementation, but some of the concepts are referred to them, in this demo.
Edited by childadrianpan - 2023年4月10日 02:44:49
311 posts
It looks like a huge project. Well done.
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
35 posts
Looking incredible. Hope someone make a game like Cities Skylines with this visual quality!
2 posts
Yoh! This looks super cool. Hard to really appreciate how much time it takes to build these projects. Thanks for sharing!
Edited by mtom2001 - 2023年4月18日 16:52:25
67 posts
childadrianpan

Sorry to bother you, but on my side the video is marked as "private". I can not see it. Am I too late?
5 posts
What happened to this? Looked insane.
311 posts
My wild guess is that some big company bought the entire project.
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
  • Quick Links