Labs Decal Projector is broken

1256   2   2
8 posts
Hi,

The Decal Projector is broken (guess since 19.6.xx) You can't place decals anymore, only project them.
The second input for the placement of points is ignored.
The last switch node in the HDA is broken: Bad parameter reference.

Attachments:
decal_projector.png (212.4 KB)

474 posts
I just stumbled upon this issue a moment ago. It's still present in SideFX Labs 19.5.752.

The workaround is to duplicate decal HDA into a path we have write permissions to (I used slightly different HDA name to differentiate it from the original asset), and then change the reference in "project_or_place/input" from ch("../mode_1")to ch("../fd_project1").

I think someone intended to change the parameter name, but forgot to update the reference. Or vice-versa.
Edited by ajz3d - 2023年10月21日 15:54:14
8 posts
ajz3d
I just stumbled upon this issue a moment ago. It's still present in SideFX Labs 19.5.752.

The workaround is to duplicate decal HDA into a path we have write permissions to (I used slightly different HDA name to differentiate it from the original asset), and then change the reference in "project_or_place/input" from ch("../mode_1")to ch("../fd_project1").

I think someone intended to change the parameter name, but forgot to update the reference. Or vice-versa.

Thx a lot. Then I will just make my own HDA with the fix.
  • Quick Links