Houdini 20 steam

1433   5   3
15 posts
When will Houdini on steam support linux systems? Currently only supports windows and mac. But now we use Houdini on Linux system. As a result, we cannot use Houdini on Steam even if we have purchased a lot.
44 posts
Glad to see more people coming over to Linux, I didn't know there was no version for Steam, I would always recommend getting a license straight from SideFX, you get more benefits that way, something to keep in mind for the next purchase I guess, still, let's hope a Steam Linux version is on the horizon.
209 posts
There is one advantage with the steam licence, though:

You can log in and out with your steam client whenever and wherever you want. Good for people who switch between more than two computers or operating systems. Sidefx' licence doesnot allow that, but works on two systems in parallel (single user, though).

EDIT: As CGxaio stated below, this advantage is available through sidefx' login-licensing, as well.
Edited by bollili - 2023年11月22日 05:38:57
スタッフ
178 posts
bollili
You can log in and out with your steam client whenever and wherever you want.
Our login licensing allows the same benefits as steam. You can login from wherever and whenever you want.
Matt Warner
Software Developer - Licensing
SideFX
15 posts
马特
bollili
Our login licensing allows the same benefits as steam. You can login from wherever and whenever you want.
I look forward to the Linux version of Steam’s Houdini being launched soon. The Houdini version of Steam we bought is just for use on Linux.
209 posts
mattw
bollili
Ah, really? This is great to know! I had in mind, you can switch seats only for a few times a year. Thanks for that info.
  • Quick Links