Inputting/Outputting custom actors

519   1   0
6 posts
Hey, I got two different questions :

1 - If I make a custom actor class that contains a mesh as well as a bunch of booleans that can be ticked/unticked from the level editor then input into a HDA, is there any way to read those booleans from houdini for each actor? I want to make various types of volumes that affect procedurally generated content (ie landscape height, overriding foliage/props generation, etc) and wanna keep the UX as simple as possible for artists

2 - Is it possible for a HDA to output actors with a custom class? IE I have a HDA that creates a trees and an animation for that tree being destroyed, and I want the resulting actor in unreal to be of a custom class I already created that handles all the gameplay code for destruction, burning, and other stuff, instead of having to export each tree as a fbx and set up a blueprint with the geometry manually
25 posts
I don't know about the first case, but for the latter check out the "unreal_bake_actor_class" attribute in https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/unreal/attributes.html [www.sidefx.com]

"Unreal path, or classname, of the Actor class to use when spawning the bake actor."

We're using this quite a bit.

eetu.
  • Quick Links