MegaScans Mod for 20.0

2152   9   2
27 posts
I recently got annoyed again that megascans have not updated the plugin for Houdini 20.0 so I went through the plugin scripts and added some more things to the previous mod I've made.

This is mostly for Karma Mtlx and RS_USD as I don't have the other renderers to debug.
So I recommend that people who use renderers other than Karma and RS not download this as I don't know if it will bug out.
The features that I've either added or changed are:
  • Added redshift standard shader instead of the old shader
  • changed the quixel triplaner to redshift triplaner
  • linked all the texture node's UV transform settings to albedo so that you only need to change one nodes parms
  • set defaults to all redshift texture nodes so that its importing in the right colorspace eg. sRGB or Raw
  • added openGL settings for redshift shader so that the texture appears in the viewport. Displacement in the viewport is also added but its defaulted togged off.
  • Same as my last mod when USD is check it will use the new component builder for any variant
  • Added Redshift_USD
  • Added support for atlas splitter in Solaris
  • Added Mtlx Karma instead of the principle shader that was defaulted in the old plugin
  • the Redshift_USD shader also has USDpreviewShader inbuilt so that you can see the textures in the HoudiniGL viewport

You will need to replace some files as explained in the GitHub repository [github.com] .

Cheers
Edited by MakoPolo - 2024年4月12日 04:20:41

Attachments:
usd_redshift_0000-0249_1000x563.gif (2.1 MB)

7 posts
In your GitHub is it possible to get your aov renders passes hda working for redshift too?

Regards
1 posts
There's another megascans to USD converter by: https://github.com/AgastyaPatel/USD_Megascan_Importer [github.com]
It it possible to add support for pure MtlX Builder? And also creation of an asset for layout asset gallery?
3 posts
Does this plugin work on a mac as well.

Paula Goldstein
3 posts
Can't get it to work on Mac. H20.0.653 Indie
7 posts
MakoPolo
I recently got annoyed again that megascans have not updated the plugin for Houdini 20.0 so I went through the plugin scripts and added some more things to the previous mod I've made.

This is mostly for Karma Mtlx and RS_USD as I don't have the other renderers to debug.
So I recommend that people who use renderers other than Karma and RS not download this as I don't know if it will bug out.
  • linked all the texture node's UV transform settings to albedo so that you only need to change one nodes parms
  • set defaults to all redshift texture nodes so that its importing in the right colorspace eg. sRGB or Raw
  • added openGL settings for redshift shader so that the texture appears in the viewport. Displacement in the viewport is also added but its defaulted togged off.
  • Same as my last mod when USD is check it will use the new component builder for any variant
  • Added Redshift_USD
  • Added Mtlx Karma instead of the principle shader that was defaulted in the old plugin
  • the Redshift_USD shader also has USDpreviewShader inbuilt so that you can see the textures in the HoudiniGL viewport

You will need to replace some files as explained in the GitHub repository [github.com] .

Cheers
MakoPolo

• Added Redshift_USD

Cheers
MakoPolo

• Added Redshift_USD

Cheers
I’ve pmed you
27 posts
Sorry guys. As I don't have a Mac I can't modify the plugin to work for that OS.

For the people asking for a 19.5 version I have updated the github repo [github.com] so that karma nodes and redshift nodes work. I have noticed that a python 3.7lib error pops up when importing redshift_usd but it still imports with no issues.
This popup doesn't appear when importing to a normal OBJ network or MAT network.

Cheers
27 posts
It has come to my attention that there was a bug when importing some assets into solaris when a "Scatter" tag was embedded in the asset. Eg "Modular Marble Rail Kit" from megascans.

This seems as though it was just a bug left from the original code where one line was missing a split function.
I have updated the repo so that it works with that tag.

The file with the bug was
Import3D.py
if you would like to just change the code yourself instead of redownloading the repo
change line 416 from

varLodOut = blastGroup.createOutputNode("null", scatterGroup)

to

varLodOut = blastGroup.createOutputNode("null", scatterGroup.split("/")[-1])
Edited by MakoPolo - 2024年6月29日 04:37:43
168 posts
still has some issules
Edited by wanglifu - 2024年6月30日 18:40:16

Attachments:
a.jpg (246.9 KB)
b.jpg (238.9 KB)
c.jpg (252.9 KB)

27 posts
Yeah sorry I had disconnected that as it was causing visual issues in the older versions of houdini. I updated the code to connect them again. Also the old method should assign the material properly if you wanna use that.
Just download
MaterialsSetup/Karma.py
and
AssetImporters/Import3D.py
if you wanna just patch it.
  • Quick Links