Project file can be purchased here:
NOTE: Any lighting HDRI/texture images used in my original builds are not allowed to be redistributed and therefore will not be included with the project file. You will have to download those separately yourself.
Image files used:
How I made leaves and grass swirl about on a windy day for the Mardini daily challenge.Tutorial explains procedural method for generating chain link fence, simulating wind, swirly particle sims, VEX, and much more.
This year I was fortunate enough to have five wins during the Mardini challenge. I took two 2nd place, three 3rd place wins, and finished in 10th overall. I decided to make breakdown / tutorials of all of these winning entries, as well as some of my other entries that I enjoyed making. Even if they didn't win.
Some highlight points of the breakdown video:
- 00:00:00 - Entry overview
- 00:06:18 - Paper simulation build
- 00:12:23 - Fence build
- 00:46:29 - Ground build
- 00:52:21 - Grass build and simulation
- 01:12:38 - Leaf objects build
- 01:18:28 - Leaves simulation
- 01:47:55 - Geo breakouts for render
- 01:49:20 - Lighting
- 01:50:43 - Camera specs
- 01:52:26 - Redshift3D materials
- 01:56:35 - Render settings