How do I install Houdini Products?
There is the single installation package for all Houdini products. Apprentice, Indie, Education, and Commercial users will use the same installer for their operating system.
Please refer to the System Requirements for supported hardware and operating systems.
- If you are new to Houdini or upgrading a full version, you will need to install the License Server tools in addition to the Houdini software.
- If you have installed a version of Houdini and are to install a daily build of the same version, you do not need to install the License Server components.
- In general, uninstalling a previous version of Houdini is NOT required to install a new.
- Please see Install (Windows)
- Please see Install (Linux)
- Please see Install (Mac OSX)
For more information about licensing Houdini please refer to Licensing a Houdini product