creating digital asset issue(bad node vopsop ramp)

4732   8   0
172 posts
i am creating a grass chunk generator.
when i try to make it a digital asset, it tells me that there are problem with spare parameters.
The only issue there is is that the ramp aren't working untill i go inside my DA and play with the ramp there…then the parameter outside the DA work again.

it happens often to me with ramp parameter introducing bad node references.
i could never get why it is doing that

Attachments:
digital asset problem.hipnc (380.1 KB)

7725 posts
Sorry, don't have time to check your file but have you tried recreating it but promoting *only* via the Type Properties dialog?
172 posts
yes i did, instead of drag and drop, i created ramp parameters and linked them and got the same issue.
i am wondering of the problem is that the parameter are on the object (“geometry”) node, instead of being inside the context as a subnet.

The file is ready you just need to “create digital asset” to see the errors coming up.
…if luckily you find time.

Otherwise for the time being i will just copy paste the tool from file to file.

Also this problem occur often with me when i use ramp in DA…So i am pretty sure the problem must come from me, but i don't know what i am doing wrong

Thanks for answering
7725 posts
What I meant was to do your “Create Digital Asset” *without* the ramp parameters. And then *after*, promote the ramp parameters in the Type Properties dialog.
7725 posts
PS. I tried your file and when it asks about the spare parameter layout, I choose to Destroy All Spare parameters. Where do you get the bad references?
172 posts
i did try the destroy spare parameters, and then the DA doesn't work anymore, lots of function not working.

i get the error when i open my DA…the ramps don't work, so i go in and the info on my pscale attribute says that there is a bad node reference.

anyway i will try to crate de DA without the ramp and add them post.
172 posts
EDIT: I still have to go inside and move one of the ramp for them to reactivate outside

Also i discovered that the ramp outside don't add points on the ramps inside.
It seems to come from the fact that those parameters are on a “GEO” node instead of beeing on a subnet node created inside the geo.
I guess i will have to redo the whole thing on another level(inside geo)
7725 posts
Perhaps you should log a bug about it. Make sure you have the *exact* steps on how to reproduce, with .hip file, what is clicked on, which ramp parm, etc. Ideally, you isolate it down to the simplest hip file that shows the problem when you submit.
172 posts
i ll do when i have a bit of time..thank you
  • Quick Links