Export building destruction from houdini to blender.

2073   3   0
1 posts
I made this building destruction following (Applied Houdini Rigids II version 2.0) tutorial. I want to export this to blender to render. How do I do that.

Attachments:
destraction.png (1.5 MB)
proxy.png (1.2 MB)
sim.png (1.8 MB)
transform.png (1.3 MB)

833 posts
Probably as an Alembic or FBX sequence? Make sure everything is converted to actual geometry, but basically an Alembic would be my first choice of format.

Run some tests with just a handful of frames to make sure that it's all working, then export you full sequence, and be aware that the resulting file will be quite large.

I have found Blender has some orientation issues with FBX, but in my tests Alembic came in just right.
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
1 posts
Hey, when I try to export the simulation in Houdini Apprentice the export options are blacked out I am not able to export it, and also if you know how to add smoke to building fractured pieces please help me, I cant figure it out.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2022-01-29 125453.png (382.5 KB)

7856 posts
NeevDatta
Hey, when I try to export the simulation in Houdini Apprentice the export options are blacked out I am not able to export it, and also if you know how to add smoke to building fractured pieces please help me, I cant figure it out.

Apprentice cannot export to other software.
  • Quick Links