multiple cloth or wire objects into Dops

3660   4   2
28 posts
Im trying to import multiple objects into DOPs using one node - like the RBDFractured object - which also allows ‘name’ attribs to be preset.

I have had some success doing this with a cloth object ( by altering the rbd fractured object dop contents to include a cloth configure and change the collider to cloth type)
Is there a better way?

( this way does not work at all with a wire object - using wire configure dop)
28 posts
just wanted to post a reply to myself to say i resolved this.
For the record - using a standard cloth DOP and altering some parameters effectively turns this into a DOP to create multiple cloth objects -
specifically the Object name set to eg: $OS`$OBJID-1`, the number of objects matching the number of groups you created in Sops, and then inside the cloth configure - set the Primitive Group params to the procedrual group name , again eg: piece`$OBJID-1` - and do that in all the nodes requesting this parameter.
Finite Element solver likes this now.
I have not tried this yet for wire object….
617 posts
thats sounds cool,
do you have a small example file on how to set up the namings?

thanks
1 posts
Hello,
I'm trying to import multiple wire objects into DOPs network and constraint them with wireglueconstraint.
I imported wires successfully but have troubles to setup correct parameters in wireglueconstriant node.
It seems that somehow $OBJID variable doesn't iterate over all wire objects and make constraint only
on first pair of wires.

I'm attaching a hip with two examples - the first one import independent count of wire objects and the other one with strict count.
If anyone can take a look and give me an idea for solution, I will be grateful.

Thanks,
Peter

Attachments:
multiple_wires.hip (241.6 KB)

10 posts
oblong
just wanted to post a reply to myself to say i resolved this.
For the record - using a standard cloth DOP and altering some parameters effectively turns this into a DOP to create multiple cloth objects -
specifically the Object name set to eg: $OS`$OBJID-1`, the number of objects matching the number of groups you created in Sops, and then inside the cloth configure - set the Primitive Group params to the procedrual group name , again eg: piece`$OBJID-1` - and do that in all the nodes requesting this parameter.
Finite Element solver likes this now.
I have not tried this yet for wire object….

I'm having issues implementing this–I'm not quite sure how to set the Object name nor am I sure where to replace outside of the initial cloth object node. Has anybody else had any success with this method? If so would it be possible to upload a small example scene or provide a more specific write up?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Quick Links