How to reverse the direction of "follow path" animation?

2061   4   0
21 posts
Hi,

Noob questions here :')

I'm trying to animate a sphere and make it follow the path of NURBS curve.
I want it to start from the furthest point from the center of the spiral, but right now it is starting from the center and going outward. How can I reverse the movement without playing it backward?

There are two pathes and two geometries following each path. I want to see both animations at the same time in the scene view. Is there a setting I can tweak to do so?

I'd appreciate your help. Thank you!
Edited by Beeplum - May 10, 2022 03:34:04

Attachments:
Screenshot 2022-05-10 163218.png (54.1 KB)
Jujitsu.hipnc (874.1 KB)

698 posts
Hey Beeplum,

to view the object you have to set the blue visibility flag inside the geo container correctly. to reverse the animation you can either apply a reverse sop node to the curve or set new keyframes on the animated position parameter inside the constraints network path node.

Cheers
CYTE
21 posts
Hi CYTE,

Thanks! Actually, there is a dopnetwork inside the geo that I used to emit smoke from the sphere. The visibility is on for the dopnet.
I can see the smoke on scene view when I'm within the dopnetwork, but I can't see it on geo or obj level.

When I set visibility flag on Null nodes, I can see the two object on obj level, but when I do that for dopnet, I cannot see them.
Is this how Houdini works?
Edited by Beeplum - May 10, 2022 22:05:48

Attachments:
Screenshot 2022-05-11 110038.png (35.4 KB)
Screenshot 2022-05-11 110146.png (128.2 KB)

698 posts
Ah ok. You have no data specified in the dopnetwork to show. Type density for example in the data slot.
But the best practice is a Dop IO node. Also, the dopnetwork musn*t be in the constrained geo container. otherwise, you get a double transform.
Check the attached file.

Cheers
CYTE

Attachments:
Jujitsu_2.hipnc (938.4 KB)

21 posts
Awesome, thanks!
  • Quick Links