This is a breakdown of the Squid shot I made using Houdini and rendered in Redshift. I decided to render it all together rather than splitting the individual elements out as separate passes. I would definitely recommend individually rendering CG Elements for professional work, but this was for fun. The primary purpose of this whole shot was to test out using vellum for a character. Obviously for anything specific or lip sync work you'd need a character animator, but for a squid or fish swimming through the background I feel like this idea would work. I also ended up putting together a vellum setup for the seaweed. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks!

Contact - Davidjonnelson@gmail.com
Personal: Davidjonnelson.com


  • There are currently no comments

Please log in to leave a comment.