Houdini 14 and Wacom | klick problem

8422   13   3
8 posts
Hello,

today I installed Houdini 14 (Indie) on my Win 8.1 machine. Everything works fine so far, but I noticed issues in the node editor. Since I had an older wacom driver installed I updated to the actual version but nothing changed. Then I updated my GeForce driver (just in case) from 340 to 347.09 but the problem still exists. When I use the mouse everything works fine, it's just while using the wacom. With Houdini 13 everything worked fine.

Here what happens on regular left klick:

No chance to select a node with leftclick.

Can't navigate the network view. The menue, that usually appears on click & hold, shows up every time.

Has someone experienced the same issues? Which wacom software version works for you? And which graphic cards driver version is suggested? I'm new to Houdini so sorry if the problem is somehow old or just a simple setting.

Thanks in advance
Mars
333 posts
same issue here. also dualscreen doesnt work nice, like mentioned in another post.

if you have dualscreen the menus etc only work good within the first monitor. on the second monitor it has the click issues.
8 posts
Aha! I haven't tried this before but you are right, it works fine on my second monitor.
Thanks for that info!
7725 posts
Please log a bug if you haven't already
スタッフ
586 posts
Logged as bug #66344
4520 posts
Is this bug also related to the one where working in the network editor sometimes the editor itself acts like frozen/disabled in behaviour?

If you try the move a node, it doesn't allow you. Or if you are trying to select it, it shows you a marquee instead of selecting the node. The editor node path thing in OP also seems unresponsive.

Another one is when I am working in the network editor, I move to the second screen with my cursor and then press H but instead of homing the viewport where my pointer is at, it homes the network editor.

I can log these but they are hard to explain and even when you record a video, they can be vague.

I assume SESI is aware of this issue though since it's very common and happens at least once every minute.

I have a lot of other hotkeys that only work in the network editor but when I press any key in the viewport, the network editor hotkeys are triggered instead, just for the first time when you move your cursor from network editor/parameters pane to the viewport. The second keypress works.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
22 posts
i am having the same problem. is sesi doing something about it… ?
it is really annoying. hopefuly it will be fixed soon
333 posts
Any News?

Note that this seems to only happen with dual screen and a wacom tablet! It works on one of the monitors but not the other. On the other monitor (positioned at 0,0) the cursor position input in Houdini seems slightly off to the left side from the actual input of the cursor. This way it kind of makes a click and drag while you click. Hope this helps? Sry for my bad english.
1 posts
Is there any solution until now? Got the same problem with Houdini 15 over here. Going from dual to single screen dont make any difference.

greetz
78 posts
Hi I just thought of checking if there was any update to this as well
My work around is to switch from mouse mode to pen mode in the wacom mouse mapping settings .
If your doing this per app remember to do Mplay etc. as well .

It works but isn't that convenient switching between apps
280 posts
I actually have the same problem with indie 15.5

Sad, I am soo used to work on wacom is unconfortable to go back to the mouse.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8408875/ [www.imdb.com]
196 posts

Same here.

It would be nice this could be fixed.

M.
1 posts
Please fix this. I cannot use mouse due to injury and using Houdini is extremely difficult because of this bug.
2 posts
I was able to fix this this morning after it bugged me

I was having the same issue, reinstalled drivers, nothing changed until I noticed my main monitor had the text size set to 150% by default. I changed it to 100% and now it works, just everything else is tiny lol

Right click Desktop > Change size of text… > 100%
Edited by NorthernDoubt - 2017年2月20日 19:47:06

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (45.9 KB)

• Quick Links