student short film with some houdini FX

7378   5   2
63 posts
Hi Everyone-

A group of us just finished a short student animated film, “The Potter,” that we have been working on for about a year now.

I had the opportunity to use Houdini in my role as the FX guy on the team. This is the first time I have actually been able to use Houdini in a production and it definately paid off. Here is a link to the film:

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jburto21/potter/The_Potter_480x270.mov [studentpages.scad.edu]

Everytime you see either a sparkly pixi dust effect, or volumetric breath effect, or bright glowy globs, that was Houdini at work.

Enjoy!

-jon campbell
スタッフ
3455 posts
I'm posting this at od if you don't mind

edit-
just watched it…VERY well done…
nice simple story, nothing super crazy and epic, good all round modeling and animation …and fx :wink:
congrats to all involved
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
412 posts
awesome job jon.. also to the rest involved.. everything was very well done.. also good to see that moorshead supervised it.. i'm sure he was pretty happy seeing the results..
Dave Quirus
46 posts
Very nice short film. Really worth every byte of the download :-)
405 posts
Hey Guys,

Great Animation. You guys might want to enter that into Siggraph for Animation Theater and Electronic Theater. I was just thinking about taking some master classes at SCAD too on the VFX side.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
52 posts
Very good work! No comment!
Keep working! Johnny Worker!
  • Quick Links