What happened to Houdini Engine for 3ds Max?

3023   5   0
59 posts
It seems it was supposed to be released in late 2014:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2754&Itemid=66 [sidefx.com]
Andrew
Houdini Apprentice
636 posts
It's at the moment still in development. Even the cinema 4d plugin had a delay so it takes time….
59 posts
That's a good news, I mean knowing that's in dev. and has not been abandoned.
Thanks mandrake0
Andrew
Houdini Apprentice
240 posts
Yeah, the C4D plugin was announced in April 2014, with an ETA of Dec 2014. Six months later here we are!

I'm glad the devs took their time though. Buggy production software sucks.
636 posts
verysame
That's a good news, I mean knowing that's in dev. and has not been abandoned.
Thanks mandrake0

well it's the last state what i know. :-)

if you want to know more you should ask the developer directly (Hideki Suzuki):
i think that's his twitter account: https://twitter.com/K240 [twitter.com]
スタッフ
1182 posts
The 3DS Max plug-in is still in development but has been delayed due to technical issues we need to address on the Houdini Engine side. Hideki will be able to continue his work once we have addressed those issues.

Once we know more then we will be able to announce a release date. Until then you can be sure that we are working hard to make the necessary changes.

Both the C4D and the 3DS max plug-ins are being developed outside of SideFX and these projects have involved lots of discussion back and forth as we learn what our partners need to be successful.

The Houdini Engine was launched in SideFX labs because we wanted to get it into people's hands early. We are learning a lot everyday which will help make all of the plug-ins stronger in the long run.

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
  • Quick Links