Absolute New guy with a few simple questions

2718   6   0
8 posts
Hi,

I've just installed Houdini with an Apprentice license. Are there any specific SOPs or other things not part of Apprentice?

I ask because I'm not able to find ‘voronoi fracture points’ or any voronoi SOPs via the tab menu other than ‘voronoi split.’ I have found ‘voronoi fracture’ via the left hand shelf. But it does not appear in the tab menu.

I also notice I have several DOPs in the shelf that are represented by an H icon and are labeled ‘undefined.’

Finally, when I select simple primitives (such as spheres) in the viewport or the network, the properties area is blank. I cannot see the translate, rotate or scale, for instance.

Are any of these Apprentice limitations, or has something gone wrong with my install?

Thanks!

W
2624 posts
Sounds like a graphics card issue , I would post up your specs and graphics card / driver version

Rob
Gone fishing
8 posts
Cheers circusmonkey

I'm on a MacBook pro. OS X 10.10.4

2.9 GHz Core I5

Intel Iris graphics 6100 1536mb

Thanks for your help.

W
8 posts
Hi, I see now that Intel Cards aren't supported on Macs any more.

Would this explain all these issues though?

Thanks,

W
379 posts
That seems to me more like bad installation. What happens if you start Houdini with Terminal?
8 posts
Thanks. I've launched from the terminal and got the same result. I did spot two errors in the terminal about not being able to create temporary files in my user directory.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled with the same errors.

I really hope I can sort this. The tutorials have got me well worked up.

W
8 posts
I've now installed on a Mac pro and it's working fine. So I guess it was down to the laptop.

W
  • Quick Links