Having trouble with for each stamp replacement...

2902   4   1
517 posts
Hi there,

I want to get my head around the new replacement workflow for stamping but I'm struggling Just watched the section in the new Geo Workflows vid on a few times but I still can't get my head around it.
I'd love it if someone could point me in the right direction.

So in this example I created an attribute above the for loop called “testRandom” and I wanted to apply it to a transform on the box object.

I don't really understand why Jeff made two meta data nodes, is that necessary? But how can I actually get the testRandom val to be used in the transform under the box?

Thanks,
Pete

Attachments:
TestRandomStamp.hiplc (70.3 KB)

65 posts
The 2nd metadata node is to include the transform in the for-loop. Otherwise, it can't get the detail iteration attribute.

Attachments:
TestRandomStamp2.hipnc (101.1 KB)

8595 posts
you don't need the Fetch Input block begin node unless you want to include your setup in a compile block
the detail() functions to get metadata will still work, however unless you use spare or direct input, the bubble will not be drawn
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
517 posts
Cool, that's gonna take a bit of getting used to but thanks so much for making those examples aoakenfoArchiact!
Yeah it looks like you don't need the second metadata node (thanks tamte).

Out of interest how did you guys figure it out? Was it just intuitive to you? I think maybe i'm still not at one with the Houdini way, taking a while to reprogram my brain

P.
65 posts
I've been struggling with it as well. The examples in this post [sidefx.com] helped.
  • Quick Links