Crowd collisions and ragdoll

2863   6   1
105 posts
Hello all,

I just can't seems to get this working. I have a standard crowd sim using the MocapBiped3. The normal state transitions are all working fine but I'm having problems when using the RBD Impact trigger. It just doesn't seem to work and I can't figure out why. It looks like the sphere object is creating impact data but this is not being picked up by the trigger.

I've attached a example of the problem.

Attachments:
test.hip (811.6 KB)

スタッフ
733 posts
You just need to switch the walk state's RBD behaviour from Ignore to Animated Static. Otherwise, the Bullet solver will completely ignore those agents and never detect collisions against them.
105 posts
I was doing that on the ragdoll and not thinking about the other states! I knew it would be something simple like that but I couldn't see it. Thank you very much.
105 posts
So it's all working with the Houdini Mocap Biped now but when I try the same thing with an FBX agent I get some strange behavior. The crowd sim recognises the impact and the trigger changes the agent state to ragdoll but the agent freezes in place and becomes a solid object that the ball bounces off. The FBX agent seems to be set up correctly and behaves correctly in the ragdoll test sim. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?
スタッフ
733 posts
My guess would have been that you didn't set up the collision geometry or constraints correctly for the new agent's skeleton, but that's likely not the case if it behaves correctly in the test sim.
105 posts
Ok. I've set it up in a simple test sim with my FBX agent and the ragdoll behaviour is all working fine so it must be something in my more complicated setup. I'll rebuild it and see if I can find the issue.
105 posts
It was an attribute on the incoming points I am using to scatter my crowd that was the problem. I have a digital asset set up to do this and it was adding a density attribute (among others). I deleted that and everything worked again.
  • Quick Links