Extra Image Planes

2844   2   0
156 posts
I am stuck.

My Scene is all set up and ready to render but I can't get mantra to output seperate files for my extra image planes unless I specify them using the generic image plane interface.

Are those checkboxes only working with multilayer exr files?

Also.. I created extra planes with the interface below the checkboxes and some of them are pure black despite them looking correct if I render to mplay.

Attachments:
mantra.jpg (148.1 KB)

3 posts
Been trying to figure this out as well. This is what they write so i should be possible:

“As of Houdini 9.1, each channel can now be written out to a different file. This lets you work with OpenEXR programs that don’t support multiple channels in a single .exr image.

You can also do fancy stuff like send one channel to the md device (a non-interactive MPlay window), or split your image into multiple .pic files with a handful of .tif files thrown in. But if the primary image is ip, all planes go to ip.”

My question now is just how do i get these as seperate files, also very curius on how to get a channel to the md device
Thx in advance
7803 posts
The checkboxes only work with multilayer supporting formats (houdini pic, openexr, houdini rat texture).
  • Quick Links