Zoom in with mouse dragged down

1432   5   2
375 posts
Hello,
In XSI and Maya, when you drag the mouse down, you zoom in.
In Hou, when you drag the mouse down, you zoom out.
Is it possible to setup the mouse so it zooms in when dragged down?

PS : and how can I change my signature??
Edited by Grendizer - 2018年7月25日 10:55:07
Houdini gamboler
11 posts
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix your zoom issue, but to answer your second question: to change your forum signature go to your SideFX profile icon at the top right corner of the navbar, select settings, navigate to the forum tab, and you should find it there. Maybe this url will land you at the right page: https://www.sidefx.com/profile/forum/ [www.sidefx.com]
Your friendly neighborhood FX student.
7771 posts
I don't think so, but I never tried dragging up/down until I saw this post. I always drag left/right since there's more freedom of movement in the wrist that way.
375 posts
XSI: move mouse left = zoom in
Houdini and Maya: move mouse left = zoom out

In XSI, when you move left or down, you zoom in, which seems logical because in both cases you bring your mouse closer to your body. It's like if you bring an object closer to your eyes to watch it closer. So Softimage got that right.
Houdini gamboler
7771 posts
The left-right axis is consistently aligned with the number line in Houdini; left is decreasing, right increasing. So it follows that right increases zoom, or increases movement in z (dolly in), and left decreases zoom and dollies out. Interacting with ladder ui is the same, middle-mouse move right increases values, and moving left decreases.

The relationship of left-right to in-out is a bit arbitrary, and it comes down to muscle memory. Unfortunately for you, you've trained the opposite of Houdini. Fortunately, it won't take long to relearn if you continue to use Houdini every day.
375 posts
Yes I guess I have to get used to it Jsmack
Thanks SirClarks, I couldn't see the signature field before
Houdini gamboler
  • Quick Links