Collision object in Pyro sim

4153   5   2
12 posts
Hi everyone,

I am working on a smoke simulation and i have imported my collision object with source volume into my Pyro sim. No matter how much I increase the smoke divisions as well as reducing the voxel size on colliding geometry I still get jagged edges when smoke interacts with it. I have attached a screen capture here to make it more clear. Is there any way to smooth the jagged edges or am I missing something in the process? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
Screen capture.JPG (62.0 KB)

3 posts
Hi

Same question, any solutions?

(I am totally new to Houdini so please don't hesitate if you want to share a link to a very basic tutorial about this to me)
359 posts
How does the blue collision preview geometry look in DOPs? Is it jagged at all?

Also, the viewport isn't always an accurate representation of the actual volume data… does it also render jagged?
MOPs (Motion Operators for Houdini): http://www.motionoperators.com [www.motionoperators.com]
208 posts
Same problem…

Attachments:
banding.png (229.1 KB)

15 posts
Hello!

I am assuming you are using a static solver and object to import the collider into DOPs. I would suggest to better source a “collision” and a “collisionvel” field representing the collider and its veolcity. Source this as you would normally source density to the pyro solver, and this should work.

You will see there is a preset in the “volumesource” node that sets it up for you. And in SOPs the “collisionsource” will output a collision field for you.

Cheers!
208 posts
alanmonroig
I am assuming you are using a static solver and object to import the collider into DOPs. I would suggest to better source a “collision” and a “collisionvel” field representing the collider and its veolcity. Source this as you would normally source density to the pyro solver, and this should work.

I thought that would work too but I'm still getting the banding.

Attachments:
collSource.png (432.6 KB)

• Quick Links