Creatures

3097   7   3
1755 posts
I've had this critter on my disk since last year when I did some rigging tests with it and I thought I better revisit it and use it for something. So I spent the last several weeks to learn more about hair grooming and shaders in Mantra.
I'll try to up my standard for realism and do a real animal next, which will be an opportunity to apply the dos and don'ts I've been granted by the power of hindsight on this one.
Cheers!
p.s. Many thanks to Kevin Weber (on vimeo) for helping me with the volumetric atmospherics/haze.

Edited by anon_user_89151269 - 2019年4月14日 20:27:25

Attachments:
carnivore_01.jpg (2.0 MB)
carnivore_02.jpg (2.1 MB)
carnivore_03.jpg (2.5 MB)
carnivore_04.jpg (1.4 MB)

710 posts
Looks great McNistor! I love the character design, the details like the little tufts of colored fur, and that you went the extra mile and set up an environment. Characters look very good from a technical perspective, nice deformations, fur, etc.
33 posts
Cooool! Nice stuff.
I would add just a little bit of randomness in the fur direction. In some places the fur looks a little bit too straight and perfect.. or maybe it could be that they take care or their appearance

Seriously, just personal taste
FX Artist - Scanline VFX
9 posts
awesome
1755 posts
Thanks guys.
@Andrea - yes, there's room for improvement, but I had to wrap it up and move on to something else. Will strive to do better for the next one.
Cheers!
Edited by anon_user_89151269 - 2019年4月16日 19:06:22
4189 posts
Super rad! If you got some motion blur in there it would look amazing!
1755 posts
Heh, I did think about it, but then I felt the pressure to add in some dust and dirt, which meant I had to go into particle sim, grains and who knows how much time I had to put in before getting decent results, considering my expertise for these. Maybe on the next project if I find someone willing to put time into a joint operation for fun.
37 posts
The environment looks fantastic too.
Great scene.
  • Quick Links