how to bake keyframes out to world space

1760   1   0
658 posts
Hi

I am trying to bake key frames to world space. I am not having much luck. Maya is so simple Keys>bake.
I have tried..
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/shelf/bakeconstraints.html [www.sidefx.com]
which does not seem to do anything
I have tried
“In Houdini 15, you can bake the keyframes of a parameter with RMB on a parameter label in the parameter editor and then do “Channels and Keyframes/Bake Keyframes”.”
Which does nothing.

Sorry Houdini people but it is not very intuitive to bake keys out. If I am doing something really dumb please tell me. I have been at this for nearly five hours.

I have a HIP file. I am trying to bake out the end camera and then delete all the other nodes. Best Mark

Attachments:
bakingKeyframes.hipnc (306.5 KB)

7805 posts
To bake keyframes, first you have to have keyframes to bake. It looks like you are trying to do two different things, create animation channels in world space, and bake the channels to keyframes.

To create world space animation channels that can be baked, create an object(Import) chop inside a new chopnet and set the target to the camera to be baked. Set compute to full transform and the frame range accordingly. Make sure the export prefix resolves the node you want to end up with baked animation keys, I created a copy of the camera as a target in my example.

After that is set toggle the export flag on the object chop. Now there are animation channels that can be baked. Right click the channel to bake and select bake keyframes from the menu. Make sure the frame range is set accordingly. For the first sets of channels, set chop exports to Bake, Keep Export Flags. For the final set of channels, change it to ‘Bake, Disable Export Flags’. Then you can delete the original network.

Attachments:
bakekeys.m4v (4.5 MB)

• Quick Links