Losing Path Attribute When Exporting OBJ

1280   3   0
128 posts
Hey Everyone,

So I am losing the path attribute when exporting an obj from Houdini. How do I keep this attribute on export so when I reimport the attribute is there? See Images.

Vincent Griffith

Attachments:
Before Export.PNG (152.2 KB)
After Export.PNG (102.2 KB)
Rop Geometry Settings.PNG (132.7 KB)

7794 posts
VGriffith
How do I keep this attribute on export so when I reimport the attribute is there?

obj doesn't support string attributes so you'll need to use a different format.

The native format, bgeo(.sc) is the preferred format when re-import is intended.
Edited by jsmack - 2021年11月1日 20:43:39
128 posts
jsmack
VGriffith
How do I keep this attribute on export so when I reimport the attribute is there?

obj doesn't support string attributes so you'll need to use a different format.

The native format, bgeo(.sc) is the preferred format when re-import is intended.

The model I imported originally was a obj with a string path attribute so that cannot be correct. I should be able to export it somehow with this attribute.
Edited by VGriffith - 2021年11月1日 20:47:31
8579 posts
I also haven't seen .obj being imported containing path attribute, mostly .fbx or .abc importers do that for convenience based on the hierarchy

As far as I know separate geometries from .obj are imported as named primitive groups and vice versa

Is it possible that whatever node you used to import the original .obj file added the path attrib based on those groups or something?
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links