Houdini 19 : where is Mplay Image Viewer?

2909   5   1
375 posts
I used the launcher to install Hou 19 and there's no option to install Mplay as well, what gives?

Same thing for the geometry viewer.
Edited by Grendizer - 2021年12月22日 13:15:58
Houdini gamboler
7794 posts
Grendizer
I used the launcher to install Hou 19 and there's no option to install Mplay as well, what gives?

Same thing for the geometry viewer.

It's part of the Houdini install. mplay and gplay are installed whether or not the launcher is used.
375 posts
Thanks.

But it would be nice if the installer would add icons inside the start menu as it used to do with previous versions of Houdini.
Now I have to search my hard drive for these 2 executables and pin them to the start menu. The bin folder is full of exe's. Hopefully you told me the name of the 2 exe's, otherwise I would have to try them one by one!

Same problem with Houdini 19's launcher [www.sidefx.com]!
Houdini gamboler
7794 posts
Grendizer
Thanks.

But it would be nice if the installer would add icons inside the start menu as it used to do with previous versions of Houdini.
Now I have to search my hard drive for these 2 executables and pin them to the start menu. The bin folder is full of exe's. Hopefully you told me the name of the 2 exe's, otherwise I would have to try them one by one!

I usually pop them open from the command line--open "Command Line Tools" from the launcher. Then the utilities will be available by typing their name.

It makes for much more convenient use of mplay and gplay, since you usually want to use them to open something.

The command line also makes shell-only utilities for converting houdini formats available such as icp/iconvert/itxmake for images or gconvert for geometry.
375 posts
Well I used "Command Line Tools" from the launcher and typed mplay and nothing popped up. I still believe an icon in the start menu is quicker.

EDIT 1 : just after I sent this message it popped up! So it took about a full minute to appear!
EDIT 2 : merry Xmas
Edited by Grendizer - 2021年12月25日 04:56:40
Houdini gamboler
7794 posts
Grendizer
EDIT 1 : just after I sent this message it popped up! So it took about a full minute to appear!

wacky. It opens almost instantly for me.

merry xmas to you too
  • Quick Links