Houdini Does not Run and I Get the Error Message of OpenCL

2516   3   1
48 posts
Hi everybody,

I was trying to add RBD Fracture material and got an error related to Opencl 2 days ago.(before I did not have any issue with the node)

Now situation is even worst since Houdini does not start and prompts following error:

"No OpenCL platform has the specified device type (HOUDINI_OCL_DEVICETYPE): GPU."

I added the "HOUDINI_USE_HFS_OCL=0" to the houdini.env and it worked but it was damn slow and there were lots of weird looking glitches on the screen.

I am a total beginner at linux/ubuntu and I have an indie license, What should I do?
27 posts
You are an indie user with access to tech support, your question is very specific related to system configuration or something, I believe it would be fair to contact the tech support team directly, everyone says they are very helpful.

In any case, found this on Google: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/59264/?page=1#post-266843 [www.sidefx.com]
Someone said that "this happens when you install both intel opencl runtime and nvidia driver, uninstall intel opencl runtime and reinstall nvidia driver should fix it".
Houdini Indie / Windows
"Art exists so that reality does not destroy us" - Friedrich Nietzsche
48 posts
Thanks EVargas and sorry for late reply. Sadly I gave up and switched to win 10 again.

Sorry for not following what you mentioned.
Edited by fred_98 - 2022年4月15日 13:30:07
2 posts
I get the same popup, but it still runs Houdini just fine. It's really slow but it gets the job done. Are you using a laptop or a pc?
  • Quick Links