NON-Pythonic way to create a bunch of SOP nodes with PDG?

1148   4   2
355 posts
Hello, If I have a wedge PDG network saving out some geo caches, is there a TOP that allows me to set up a SOP network, create a file SOP for each file and load it back in? I know I can just use Python but is there a node-based way to do this?
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
8554 posts
If you do your work in TOP Geometry SOP, your cached geo can be loaded in automatically and passed to output without having to create file nodes
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
355 posts
tamte
If you do your work in TOP Geometry SOP, your cached geo can be loaded in automatically and passed to output without having to create file nodes
Oh didn't even see there was a TOP Geometry SOP lol, Thanks. Would still love to know if there is a way to get TOPS to create nodes in the way I previously described though?
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
8554 posts
traileverse
Would still love to know if there is a way to get TOPS to create nodes in the way I previously described though?
I don't think there is, but if you don't mind python, you can define custom nodes completely in Python and then you can have your own node based solution that may do exactly what you want
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
72 posts
You could try and see if : https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/model/verbs.html [www.sidefx.com]
works. I think it's limited, but if the operation is simple it might work, ymmv
  • Quick Links